This easy-to-make, delicious dessert is perfect for a hot afternoon with the family. And the best part is you don’t need heaven and earth to make it, you just need these simple ingredients:
- 1.5 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 cups sweetened condensed milk
- 4 tbsp butter
- 1.5 cups nuts – Chopped
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Microwave-safe bowl
- 8-inch square pan
How to make
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, combine the chocolate chips, condensed milk, and butter. Microwave for one minute and stir. Continue to microwave in 30-second increments, stirring after every 30 seconds, until the fudge is melted and smooth.
- Stir vigorously until all the chocolate is melted.
- Add the chopped nuts and vanilla extract. Stir until everything is properly mixed.
- Line a square pan with parchment paper or aluminium foil.
- Pour the fudge into the pan and smooth into an even layer.
- Refrigerate until set, for at least 2 hours.
- Cut into one-inch squares and serve at room temperature. Store excess fudge in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Note: Microwave fudge has so many variations. You can make it without nuts; replace the chocolate chips with other flavours of chips, mix with dried fruit, almonds or even pieces of candy, depending on your choice.