Tuesday, January 18, 2022
HomeLagos StateGas Leakage: Fire guts shops, grounds businesses in Lagos

Gas Leakage: Fire guts shops, grounds businesses in Lagos

There was pandemonium as business activities in some parts of the Computer Village, Ikeja, Lagos State, were grounded following a gas leakage in front of the Awolowo House, a complex in the area.

According to reports, businessmen and women were operating around 7am on Wednesday when an underground gas pipeline blew out.

Gas fumes pervaded the environment as people fled in panic.

Read Also: Chaos in parts of Lagos over massive pipeline leakage

Emergency responders were said to have arrived at the scene and sprayed chemicals to neutralize the gas which had pervaded the community. Also, the company in charge of the pipeline, Gaslink, was contacted to shut down supply along the pipeline route.

An eye witness who identified himself only as Segun, said task force officials in the market ordered all business persons to switch off their generators and close their shops.

As at the time of this report, there has been no news of death or injuries. However, there was mild drama at the scene of the incident upon the arrival of men of the Nigerian Fire Service, who escaped being mobbed by enraged youths for their late arrival to the scene of the incident. They were however chased off and not allowed to quench the fire.

RELATED ARTICLES

Leave a Reply

Most Popular

Recent Comments