There are some interesting facts about the new nominee for the position of the substantive chairman of EFCC, Mr Abdulrasheed Bawa, who was chosen by the president, Muhammadu Buhari earlier today (16th February, 2021).
1. Mr Bawa is a trained EFCC investigator with vast experience in the investigation and prosecution of Advance Fee Fraud cases, official corruption, bank fraud, money laundering, and other economic crimes.
2. He is 40 years old.
3. If Bawa’s nomination sails through, it will make him the youngest person to occupy the ‘Chairman’ position of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission
4. Abdulrasheed has special economic-related trainings in different parts of the world
5. He was one of the pioneer EFCC Cadet Officers in 2005.
6. Mr. Bawa holds a BSc degree in Economics and a Masters degree in International Affairs and Diplomacy.
7. Prior to his appointment, Bawa was the Lagos Zonal Head of the Anti-Graft Agency.
8. Mr. Bawa is the successor of Mohammed Umar, who has been in acting capacity since July 2020,. after the suspension of Ibrahim Magu on corrupt practices allegations.