No record lost in Treasury House fire incident, minister says

0
182

Nigeria’s minister of state for finance Clem Agba Wednesday said no records were lost in the fire incident which saw a section of the Treasury House razed.

But the cooling system of the data centre was damaged by the fire before it was eventually put out.

“We have gone round the rooms and offices where the fire has affected and I’m glad to announce to you our data centre where all our records are kept are intact,” Agba said.

“No destruction, so we haven’t lost any record.”

“I have to inform you that for some time now we have gone digital, but still have a few things that we do manually, but a lot of things now is online. Even if the data centre were to be affected we have a back up that is kept outside of Abuja in case we lose the data centre.”

Although the minister said a staff claimed that the fire was started by a faulty air conditioner, he said that a full scale investigation will begin soon. He also insisted that records of financial transactions were intact.

“The right professionals would be able to tell us whether it is the air conditioner and something more,” Agba said.

The minister said the data centre has been closed pending the time the cooling system will be put in order.

Source: Guardian NG

Leave a Reply